Washington's Point No Point Light Station is the oldest on The Puget Sound. It is located on a low finger of land that the local Native American Indian tribes had given the name Hahd-skus, meaning long nose. The Point No Point treaty was signed on the spit in 1855 by territorial Governor Isaac Stevens and leaders of S'Klallam, Skokomish and Chimacum tribes.
The lighthouse has been in continuous operation, providing navigational aid to mariners since its completion in 1879 (with the Fresnel lens operable by early 1880). Currently, it is lit with an automated acrylic lens.
Point No Point Lighthouse is the only lighthouse accessible to the public in Kitsap County. The light station property is managed by the Kitsap County Parks, is located in Hansville, WA. It is listed in the Washington State Heritage Register and the National Register of Historical Places.
Along with the tower and the adjacent oil house, other original building still exist. The keeper's quarters (a duplex) serves two purposes: one half is the U.S. LIghthouse Society Office, the other half is a vacation rental. The museum gift store is located in a repurposed storage building.
Point No Point Lighthouse circa 1890